Many women, choosing a training plan, do not achieve visible results because the individual characteristics of the female body are not taken into account. In particular, testosterone is secreted in girls much less , so they physically cannot achieve the hypertrophy characteristic of the male body. On the other hand, women actively produce sex hormones such as estrogens and progestogens . It is these hormones that provide female-type fat deposition.
Particular attention should be paid to nutrition. In this regard, the female body behaves differently than the male. It is much easier for girls to gain weight by consuming a large amount of flour products, cereals and sweets, because simple carbohydrates are easily converted into body fat. But carbohydrates cannot be completely abandoned, since they are necessary for the growth and strengthening of muscles , while preference should be given to foods with a low glycemic index . Protein is preferred from sports nutrition instead of a gainer .
The menstrual cycle also leaves its mark on the training program for girls. Within two weeks after ovulation, the woman’s body goes into a strict energy saving mode. This means that the intensity of the exercise can be reduced, and exercises for the legs and abs can be completely eliminated, since they will turn out to be almost useless. But in the first half month after the end of the menstrual cycle, on the contrary, load the muscles to the maximum. The effectiveness of the training will be high.
It should be noted that virtually all participants in fitness and bodybuilding competitions, in addition to regular workouts, use sports nutrition and sports pharmacology ( fat burners , growth hormone and other anabolic drugs ). Although few admit the latter.
How to choose a training program for a girl
The ratio of muscle fibers in men and women
Distribute the intensity of the activity within each month depending on the menstrual cycle. This will allow you to work out more effectively in the gym. So, when compiling a workout for beginners – girls, girls and young women – the following points should be taken into account:
- More reps. The standard number of repetitions for mass growth for men is 6 to 10. However, women have significantly more type I muscle fibers , therefore it is recommended to do 8 to 15 repetitions for muscle growth .
- In women, the lower body grows better. That is, the glutes and thighs are much more amenable to weight training than the upper body. In addition, a girl with a more developed bottom than the top looks much more beautiful than the other way around. Conclusion: 40% – 50% of the exercises should be on the legs and buttocks. On the back, about 20%. And 10% on the chest, arms and shoulders. For example, you train 3 times a week and do 24 exercises in 3 workouts. This means 10 exercises for the legs and buttocks. 5 On the back. And 3 exercises for the chest, shoulders and arms.
- Remember that your chest and back muscles need the same target load as your glutes , biceps, or abs . So choose exercises for your upper body too.
- It is advisable that the duration of training for girls is at least 1 hour, because only it will give the desired effect on fat burning.
- At the initial stages of training, girls should train for the whole body and only with experience switch to split programs .
Training programs for girls in the gym
The first workout is 60 minutes long. Reducing the time to rest between sets will reduce total training time and increase its efficiency in terms of energy consumption . To give the body time to adapt, you can increase the rest time between sets to two minutes, as well as reduce working weight .
This workout for girls uses a large number of approaches and reps. The goal of this training is to strengthen muscles and burn fat.
Important features of the fitness training program: in it there is only one exercise for the lower body – squatting , since for most girls, the bottom, unlike the top, grows easily and quickly. Add exercises for the legs and buttocks if such emphasis is needed. There is no specific breast exercise that will decrease or increase the size of the breasts. To give the muscles under the gland a tone, it is enough to perform a bench press , in particular, a press with a narrow grip , which is designed to work out the pectoral, anterior deltoid muscles and triceps.
Gradually, as your fitness improves, new exercises should be added to the program. This should happen no earlier than 3-5 months after the start of classes.